Natural Wonders of the World
- Journey: An Illustrated History of Travel - $37.41
- Journeys of a Lifetime: 500 of the World's Greatest Trips - $24.49
- Destinations of a Lifetime: 225 of the World's Most Amazing Places - $27.19
- Food Journeys of a Lifetime: 500 Extraordinary Places to Eat Around the Globe - $23.55
- Remarkable Books: The World's Most Beautiful and Historic Works - $19.49
And I think to myself, what a wonder-ful world. At least for now. While we still have the wonders, and while they're still wonderful. Natural Wonders of the World is a new photography collection of jaw-dropping scenery from around that world that DK Publishing produced in association with the Smithsonian Institution to help show (rather than tell you in preachy words) how crucial it is for us to protect our planet.
Natural Wonders of the World has a few words too though. Landmarks and regions have accompanying explanations of their makeup and the geological processes that created them, along with illustrations, 3D terrain models, and other descriptive artwork. The book also folds in the plants and animals that co-exist with environments ranging from the granite domes of Yosemite to the Bahamian reefs to the glaciers and ice sheets of the Antarctic.