I'll tell you one thing I like is buttons. This touch screen crapola, even when it's all cool and laser virtual keyboard-y and keychain-sized, is unacceptable to my manly and powerful hands. They just do not like typing on keys that lack one of their 3 dimensions. So point the first for myType, a wireless Bluetooth keyboard with real, raised buttons.
Point the second comes by way of where I can put it. No, not there! Shut up, Cornelius! I can put it in my pocket! myType sets up as a full-size keyboard, but was designed for use with smartphones and tablets--devices otherwise suitable only for one-fingered pecking or the hands of children too young to keep up and comprehend what I'm saying when I dictate saucy emails to Kate Upton for them to type on my behalf. And since smartphones and tablets are on-the-go forms of technology, so too must be their accompanying keyboards. myType not only folds in half, it folds in half to a size that slides into one's pocket or bag, and in a way that interlocks its aforementioned buttons snugly and safety together.
The myType keyboard at a glance:
- Keys spaced for touch typing, with functionality similar to desktop and laptop keyboards.
- Light, thin, flexible composition that goes unnoticed in a pocket or purse.
- Weeks-long battery life with normal use.
- Rechargeable Lithium Ion battery.
- Micro USB charging configuration.
- Completely wireless with Bluetooth 3.0 technology.
- Maximum wireless range of 33 feet.
- Probably will not break if dropped from a not unreasonable height, although I wouldn't leave it on the airplane seat next to you if you're sitting next to the size of ass I am right now.
- Splash resistant.
- Nearly silent keystroking. Keystroking. Sounds dirty. Dirty enough that I looked it up in the Urban Dictionary to confirm, but when I searched "keystroking" the site returned definitions for the word "shit." Oh well, as evidenced here, that's a fun word too.
- Dimensions when open: 12.5" x 3.6" x 0.3". When closed: 6.8" x 3.6" x .35".
Grab a myType in green, black, white, blue, or pink through Kickstarter before its funding period ends on August 1, 2013.
December 2013 Update: myType exceeded its crowdfunding goal and is now available for direct purchase through the company's website--follow the link below.