The Elements: A Visual Exploration
- Solar System: A Visual Exploration of All the Planets, Moons and Other Heavenly Bodies - $20.63
- The Photographic Card Deck of the Solar System - $17.08
- Theo Gray's Mad Science: Experiments You Can do At Home - But Probably Shouldn't - $13.19
- Theodore Gray's Elements Vault: Treasures of the Periodic Table - $37.22
- Molecules: The Elements and the Architecture of Everything - $20.77
Paging through The Elements: A Visual Exploration of Every Known Atom in the Universe is almost like going on an acid trip. Bright colors, textured images, constant enlightenment. And when you're finished with it, you actually will be smarter and more knowing. With no associated risk of permanent anxiety, psychosis, or mental retardation!
Jump down Theodore Gray's rabbit hole and have a look at the periodic table's 118 elements expanded into an original collection of mesmerizing photographic representations, scientific and historical facts, and stories of what beryllium and antimony were like as kids. The Elements: A Visual Exploration of Every Known Atom in the Universe depicts what we used to commit to rote memory in junior high in their pure, uncombined forms. Gray put 7 years of effort into researching the book and gathering its photos, all of which make full-page color appearances alongside their descriptions and property data.
Each primary photo aims to capture the element in its purest form. Oxygen, for example, is shown as the pale blue liquid it becomes at -183 degrees C. Supplemental photographs also show each element in slightly altered forms or as used in various practical ways.
The Elements: A Visual Exploration of Every Known Atom in the Universe also includes a tear-out poster of Theodore Gray's Photographic Periodic Table.