- Perky-Pet Squirrel Be Gone Feeder Home with Chimney - $33.78
- You're Not Old, You're Vintage - $8.95
- Outwitting Deer: 101 Truly Ingenious Methods and Proven Techniques to Prevent Deer from Devouring Yo - $34.00
- Woodlink Audubon Wraparound Squirrel Baffle - $18.49
- Cole's Blazing Hot Habanero Blend Bird Seed - $34.52
I'm going to spoil Outwitting Squirrels for you and just say it: can't be done. Bird and bird feeder enthusiasts still love Bill Adler Jr.'s book about 101 Cunning Stratagems to Reduce Dramatically the Egregious Misappropriation of Seed from Your Birdfeeder by Squirrels though. Because Adler has personally tried, and provides full, hilarious, and relatable reports on all 101 of the tactics he's tried. And, in this 3rd edition of the book, that he's updated to "deal with the more tech-savvy twenty-first-century squirrel."
Outwitting Squirrels was first published a few decades ago as an outlet for the frustration anyone who owns a bird feeder has experienced trying to keep those bushy-tailed, bloated-cheeked sonsabitches out of it. It's supposed to be a defense manual, but seems to be more of a comedic and cathartic report of failure. After failure. After failure. Some of Adler's 101 cunning strategems include Perrier bottles, Vaseline, cayenne pepper, and water bombs.
But mostly they include failure.
Outwitting Squirrels is a top Dude housewarming gift pick for anyone you know with a bird feeder and a vendetta.