How to Stop Feeling So Damn Depressed
- I Don't Want to Talk About It: Overcoming the Secret Legacy of Male Depression - $10.48
- The No-Self Help Book: Forty Reasons to Get Over Your Self and Find Peace of Mind - $14.40
- Anger Management for Everyone: Ten Proven Strategies to Help You Control Anger and Live a Happier Li - $14.04
- An Illustrated Guide to Self-Discipline: 50 Habits to More Self-Control, Success, and Satisfaction i - $24.99
- When Someone You Love is Depressed: How to Help Your Loved One Without Losing Yourself - $8.98
How to Stop Feeling So Damn Depressed is for all the dudes out there looking to feel a little less Eeyore, a little more Tigger. In fact, psychologist Jonas Horwitz has written his No BS Guide specifically for men, and specifically for men hesitant to read a self-help book, figuring they'll just get flooded with jargon and blathering.
Part of Horwitz's No BS approach is to write simply, more like a (surprisingly emotionally mature and open) buddy than a shrink, and to convince men with depression that they should take it seriously, treat it as they would diabetes, cancer, heart disease, the stuff that can kill them. He calls depression The Beast, giving it an identity separate from the reader's own, to explain how it uses trickery and antagonism to attack when its host is most stressed, and make him think and behave in ways that feed The Beast, perpetuate the depression.
Horwitz then shares How to Stop Feeling So Damn Depressed, providing methods for changing your behavior, which can directly change your brain chemistry, and slay The Beast. Or at least debilitate him enough that you can take back your life.