Italian in both slick aesthetics and siesta-time concept, I exaggerate not when I say the HiCan high fidelity canopy bed will persuade its occupants never to leave its ultra-modern, four-poster confines. HiCan designer Edoardo Carlino, in cooperation with Hi-Interiors, wanted to establish a new relationship between humans and the space where they spend about a third of their lives. By funneling state-of-the-art technology into a bed already designed for supreme comfort and relaxation, HiCan honchos hope to decrease stress and anxiety, and introduce your home to the ultimate illustration of immediate proximity.
For 55, $1,000 bills, the HiCan bed will render obsolete your need for additional pieces of furniture and clothing other than pajamas. Some of its more impressive features include:
- Fully enclosing blinds to block out disruptive things, such as light and children.
- A built-in PC and full multi-media complement with game and entertainment console.
- A projector wired for HD movie screening on the retractable home theater screen at the foot of the bed.
- Surround sound system.
- Integrated reading lights.
- A mattress height and angle adjustment system.
- A home automation system customized to manage everything from the HiCan's blinds to its entertainment hardware, which is also programmable for controlling other household systems and apparatuses.