WWF Legends Minimalist Posters
- WWE: Divas Undressed - $26.14
- WWE World Heavyweight Licensed Championship Commemorative BELT - $149.99
- Wrestlers and Wrestling Ring Cake Kit - $8.28
- WWE Wrestling Latex Balloons - $0.51
- Man-Shaped Hanging Punching Bag - $119.95
The subject matter: 80s and 90s WWF legends. Wrestlers who earned their status through killer showmanship, illustrative identities, and annihilatory moves that, 20+ years later, make them recognizable by little more than their trademark costume colors, accessories, or facial hair. New York designer Bernie Gross gives a nod to old-school WWF branding, and the larger-than-life personalities that emerged from it, in his WWF Legends Minimalist Posters.
Posters condense their subjects' personas into telltale hues, symbolic physical characteristics, or props, plus the one lights-out maneuver each wrestler honed as his personal pummeling stamp. Brutus the Barber Beefcake's garden shears and sleeper hold. Andre the Giant's single-strapped suit and reverse piledriver. The Undertaker's...actually, screw you, Undertaker.
No, no reason. I just wanted to say that publicly, but from the safe confines of my living room.
WWF icon posters are sold individually for $20, or as a 12-meathead set for $200. They measure 11" x 17" apiece, and are printed with archival inks on 100lb uncoated cover stock. Should anyone wish to have a life-size 2D incarnation of Ravishing Rick Rude to hang, say, in the window facing the uppity neighbor's bedroom, Gross will gladly fill orders for custom sizes at an additional fee. The complete cast of minimalist WWF prints, and their signature moves, includes:
- Macho Man Randy Savage; Flying Elbow Drop
- Hulk Hogan; Atomic Leg Drop
- Million Dollar Man Ted Dibiase; Million Dollar Dream
- Ravishing Rick Rude; Rude Awakening
- Ultimate Warrior; Gorilla Press Slam
- Kobo B. Ware; Bird Buster
- Superfly Jimmy Snuka; Superfly Splash
- Andre the Giant; Reverse Piledriver
- The Undertaker; Tombstone
- Road Warriors/Legion of Doom; Doomsday Device
- Brutus the Barber Beefcake; Sleeper Hold
- Ricky "The Dragon" Steamboat; Flying Crossbody