If bat shit looked like 1000mW of ice-blue lightning, the S3 Spyder III Arctic Laser would be the physical manifestation of bat shit crazy. As it stands, the world's most powerful laser is just fuckin' nuts. Wicked Lasers' (absolutely, 100% legal) handheld bolt of pure spectral power counts amongst its marketable skills the ability to:
- Sear through ornery plastic.
- Pop bitch-ass balloons.
- Burn continuously, 24/7, without sustaining damage to its laser diode.
- Function in 9 different operating modes, including Strobe, Constant Wave, SOS, Beacon, and Tactical Hibernation.
- Emit 0.25 Lux of light at a distance of 6,856 meters.
- Turn anyone it hits in the eye at a distance of 149 meters or less into Ray Charles, minus the musical talent and soul.
And if that weren't enough to get it laid every day for the duration of its 5,000+-hour serviceable life, Guinness is currently testing the S3 Arctic for the official title of World's Most Powerful Laser.
The S3 Arctic Series Laser resides in an aircraft grade aluminum chassis that's smaller than a standard flashlight. The laser package also includes LaserShades safety goggles, a tactical nylon holster, rechargeable Sanyo 18650 battery and charger, and a safety guide.
Any of this otherworldliness sound mildly intriguing? If so, consider entering Dude's Wicked Lasers Giveaway, running through July 29, 2012. One lucky winner over the age of 18 drawn at random will win his or her very own S3 Arctic for all (safe and legal) pursuits requiring the companionship of a freakishly strong handheld laser. (Remember, safe and legal, dudes, safe and legal).