PancakeBot Pancake Printer
- Star Wars Pancake Molds - $15.58
- OMG Pancakes!: 75 Cool Creations Your Kids Will Love to Eat - $16.51
- The Perfect Pancake Pan - $10.00
- Cake Batter Dispenser With Measuring Label - $8.90
- 22" Electric Pancake Griddle - $32.99
Turn a Picasso...or your own boobie scribbles...into edible, delectable art with the PancakeBot, the world's first pancake printer, and the world's latest entirely unnecessary invention! Mama! I'm tired of circles and your lame attempts at hearts! Today I want a syrup-soaked Eiffel Tower for breakfast!
Created by Miguel Valenzuela, a hands-on papa who originally wanted to make a Pancake Machine out of LEGOs for his two toddler daughters, the PancakeBot lets batter fiends "print" their pancakes in nearly any design they can upload and trace on their computers. And despite my general sentiment of, Uh, do we really need this?, I will say the PancakeBot not only does exactly what it says it does, but it does it pretty damn well too.
No real artistic flair or culinary savvy are required to use the PancakeBot. The machine will include user-friendly software that walks cake makers through the process of uploading an image and tracing it on their screen. Once the tracing is complete, the software will create a PancakeBot file for SD card storage and transfer to the printer. There a smart batter dispensing system follows designated lines and shading, using a combination of compressed air and a vacuum to control where the batter is dispensed. A few onboard controls will also enable image refinement via increasing or decreasing the rate of batter flow. Pancake print size will be around 16" x 8.3".
Running as a Kickstarter campaign through April 10, 2015, the PancakeBot is available to backers at $120 off its anticipated $299 retail price. Packages will include:
- A commercial quality non-stick griddle
- Pre-loaded pancake designs
- SD card slot for custom designs
- Mac and Windows compatible software
- Access to video tutorials and downloadable files ready for printing
Muchas danke to The Awesomer.