When you're rollin' (rollin'), rollin' (rollin'), rollin' on the river for enough days you figure out that if you fell in the following would occur:
1. No one would jump in to save you because the Mississippi River looks like a great meandering current of horse manure.
2. Your backpack of highly valuable possessions, such as a laptop, circa 2004 cell phone, 5 pounds of chicory coffee, and a Bubi bottle would be irreparably damaged.
If you can't swim, you might put more emphasis on finding a solution to #1. Otherwise, it's waterproof backpack time.
OverBoard's waterproof backpacks 100% block creeping liquid molecules of destruction to protect packs and their contents from rain, splashes, and even quick submersion. Now you can purposely throw your gear onto the water for transport... or accidentally take it in with you pursuant to bouts of compromised equilibrium...without catastrophic results. The backpack's two-way rolltop sealing system also shuns dust, sand, and dirt. And hopefully horse shit.
Other waterproof carryall bragging points:
- Large internal zip pocket for separating contents.
- Large outer elasticated mesh side pocket and a top carry handle.
- Padded shoulder straps and lumbar support.
- Adjustable sternum strap and waist belt.
- Comfortable back panel with air-flow design.
- Elasticated front webbing.
- Super reflective patches on the backpack's front, as well as both shoulder straps.
Muchas danke to The Awesomer.