DJI Mavic Mini Drone
I notice DJI is careful to call their new Mavic Mini a "flycam" instead of a "drone." Just like how that Netflix documentary The Game Changers goes for "plant-based diet" over "vegetarian" and "vegan." Too many negative connotations and bad vibes around the latter words these days. But in both cases, at their hearts, the Mavic Mini FlyCam is a compact drone, and The Game Changers is an advocate for going vegetarian / vegan.
That said, DJI does mostly promote the Mavic Mini as a camera. A super sophisticated camera that will take shots of a lifetime for you, yet is simple and intuitive enough for anyone in the family to use. The drone dealer also takes a couple lines to point out that the Mavic Mini weighs less than 250 grams, almost as light as your smartphone, which exempts it from "certain regulations" for drones in many countries.
Additional Mavic Mini features include:
- A 360-degree propeller guard for protection during flight (i.e., crashes) and sensors for more precise hovering.
- Support for 12MP aerial photos and 2.7K Quad HD videos.
- A dedicated remote controller able to maintain an HD video feed up to 4KM away.
- A new DJI Fly app that puts Mavic Mini pilots a few taps away from dashing photos and cinematic-style aerial videos.
- Up to 30 minutes of flight time per charge, thanks to its compact size and weight.