Proof: The Science of Booze
- The Drunken Botanist: The Plants That Create the World's Great Drinks - $15.12
- Death & Co: Modern Classic Cocktails - $26.05
- Liquid Intelligence: The Art and Science of the Perfect Cocktail - $22.14
- Alchemy in a Glass: The Essential Guide to Handcrafted Cocktails - $18.27
- Apothecary Cocktails: Restorative Drinks from Yesterday and Today - $15.73
Proof: Booze Makes Everything Better. No, not really. Well I mean, yes, that's really true of course, but it's not really the name of the book. Proof: The Science of Booze is its accurate title. But I'm pretty sure that inside its covers lie detailed theories and formulas intended to serve as scientific proof that all the best negotiations, treaties, deals, sexual encounters, and Wednesday nights involve a bottle of something that raises its partakers' BAC.
In Proof: The Science of Booze author Adam Rogers explores "the complex reactions behind the perfect buzz." Traveling through history and across cultures he explores everything from our ancestors' accidental discovery of fermented drinks to the lab research that proves why people love to lush out. He also examines the latest developments in booze technology that will keep our buzzes coming bigger, better, and hopefully with fewer hangovers.
Physics, molecular biology, organic chemistry, even metallurgy power alcohol production, and combined with the mixture of psychology and neurobiology that drives our taste for it, Proof: The Science of Booze turns out a cocktail of information Rogers hopes will leave readers happily drunk on drinking intel.