National Geographic The Photo Ark
- National Geographic Rarely Seen: Photographs of the Extraordinary - $27.06
- Animal Ark: Celebrating our Wild World in Poetry and Pictures (National Geographic Kids) - $10.50
- National Geographic Photo Ark Perpetual Calendar - $9.34
- Rare: Creatures of the Photo Ark Blu-ray - $16.13
- Rare: Portraits of America's Endangered Species - $12.81
Joel Sartore's photographic art encompasses the beauty, splendor, humor, and sadness of the animal kingdom in The Photo Ark: One Man's Quest to Document the World's Animals. Published by National Geographic, the book contains some of the 6,000+ stunning photographs Sartore has taken at zoos and wildlife rescue centers worldwide. They're all part of his ultimate goal to capture studio portraits of 12,000 species.
The beauty, splendor, and humor in Sartore's photographs are obvious. They radiate from the Florida panther's eyes, the West Usambara two-horned chameleon's gaping mouth, and the Brazilian porcupine's Gotta pee! Gotta pee! pose, and are accentuated even further by Sartore's choice to capture them in front of black or white backdrops. The sadness comes from knowing most of the of the subjects in The Photo Ark are endangered, or close to it.
Sartore hopes his photographs will strike and stir you. For The Photo Ark, National Geographic combines them with narrative from wildlife writer Douglas Chadwick, plus a foreword from Harrison Ford, in a bid for understanding of and compassion for the wildlife we have left.
Sartore also sells various sized unframed and framed prints of his Photo Ark photographs here.
Muchas danke to Donn C. for the Dude Product Tip.