Street Fighter Chess Set
- 12 Piece Black & Silver Ninja Kunai Throwing Knife Set - $13.37
- 50" Dragon Bo Staff - $29.99
- Chun-Li Costume - $38.85
- Street Fighter Sonic Boom Energy Drink - $2.85
- Street Fighter Bobble Heads - $10.99
Happy 25th Anniversary, Street Fighter, and happy strategic gaming, Street Fighter fans. Come August 2012, Capcom Store will release a limited edition of 5,000 25th Anniversary Street Fighter Chess Sets to, uh, the 5,000 people in the world who buy them first. Preorder for one of the individually numbered assemblages is currently underway.
Chess pieces have risen from the rough-and-tumble streets of their transcontinental hometowns in detailed, silver- and pewter-colored resin measuring 1.75" to 3.25" tall. No comment on which sizes correspond to which fighter nationalities. Each fighter also has its corresponding traditional chess icon sculpted on the front and back to facilitate play. Good thing too because, damn, chess bludgeons my brain enough without having to remember which Muay Thai warrior is a King and which sumo is a Queen. The roster includes:
- Kings: Ryu and M. Bison
- Queens: Chun-Li and Juri
- Bishops: Ken, Guile, Balrog, and Vega
- Knights: E. Honda, Blanka, Rolento, and Akuma
- Rooks: Dhalsim, Zangief, Sagat, and Seth
- Pawns: Ryu's fist and Shadaloo winged skull
The Street Fighter chess board is a big boy, at 18" x 18" of smoked and sandblasted glass. Also included are a black wood storage case with chrome latch and hinges, and a Street Fighter 25th Anniversary logo laser etched into the lid. The storage case doubles as a playing surface, with small holes for nesting the glass board's feet.