100 hours to build this beast. Totally worth it. Their words, not mine. Not that I'm calling BS or anything. It's just that I'll never know if Starwood Motors' Full Metal Jacket Jeep is totally worth it or not because my mama is too cheap to buy me anything more expensive than a monthly bus pass and an adult-sized big wheel. However, if the Full Metal Jacket's specs are to be believed, and the video of it launching over a sand dune to be trusted, I'd say even at over $100 grand, this is one Jeep that could earn its self-assigned title of Worth It.
Starwood Motors mechanics are conversion grandmasters. The 2013 Full Metal Jacket is their latest Jeep Wrangler transformation, an accomplishment they say requires 100 hours and 80 pounds of sweat to complete, and which emerges with a bulletproof suspension, off-road dominance, and a presence demanding of submission when its fat 40" Nitto Mud Grappler tires roll down the boulevard. It may even be able to carry its own reality show. I know I'd rather watch GoPro footage from the FMJ's rollbar than another second of Bruce Jenner's face slowly melting into an exact replica of The Scream, anyway.
An upgrade from their 2011 Jeep conversion, Starwood has fitted its 2013 Full Metal Jacket with a Pentastar 3.6-liter V6, which advances the vehicle's horsepower output from 202 to 285, and torque by about 10%. Acceleration is 0 to 60 in 8.4 seconds, a 3-second improvement over the previous model. Additional mechanical and component badassery include:
- Smittybilt SRC Stinger front & rear bumpers
- Smittybilt XRC body armor for front fenders, rear corner guards, and rock guards
- Kevlar liner on body
- Warn-Zeon 10,000-pound winch with 94' of Kevlar/nylon braided rope
- 22" off-road XD Bomb wheels
- Curry G2 Rock Jock Dana 60 rear and front high pinion big nearing axle assembly
- Air locker differentials with on-board compressor
- Rubicon Express long arm suspension system
- Procar seats with black leather & Alcantara Daytona-style inserts
- Kevlar-lined floor
- Kenwood touchscreen nav/DVD player
- Front & back cameras
- Underseat lock box
- (2) 1lb dry chemical fire extinguishers
Full Metal Jacket making you feel all tingly? Perpetuate the stimulation with an entire gallery of Dude's Gifts for the Garage.