You like Star Wars. But how much do you like Star Wars? Like, put a dollar amount on it. Go ahead, take a second and do it.
Is your number $28,500 or more? Perfect. Then you can buy Devon's new Star Wars watch. In Vader Black, and in impeccable Vader style. No detail of the timepiece dangles. From the red-and-green belt system motor covers that match those on the Dark Lord's center console to the watch display stand, a brilliant TIE fighter design complete with wings extending from the sides, Devon has truly frozen Darth Vader in time. No Carbonite required.
Devon's Star Wars watch incorporates the watchmaker's trademark system of Time Belts and hybrid electro-mechanical power. Its glass-reinforced nylon belts are the same as those used in gauges on the original 747 airplane, dotted with high-tech optical recognition cells, micro-step motors, and 313 electrical contacts. Devon also incorporates the following aesthetic nods to Vader and the Empire:
- Stainless steel case turned black with a Diamond-like Carbon Coating and carved with TIE fighter wings on either side.
- Main connection between case and lugs are screws reinterpreted as aircraft turbine intakes; pointed silver finish screws are a nod to those on Vader's helmet.
- Watch crown is finished with the Empire logo.
- Within the movement a center hexagonal disk has TIE fighter inscriptions etched on it, serving both as industrial flourishes and time hash markers.
- Leather strap mimicking Darth Vader's gloves.
At printing the Devon Star Wars watch was available for pre-order with a $2,500 non-refundable deposit.