TASER Pulse Legal Civilian Stun Gun
Half a pound to carry. Fifteen feet to shoot. Thirty seconds to get the H-E-Double-Barrel out of there. The TASER Pulse is a stun gun for personal protection on the go (you too, runners) and at home. Terming it a "less-lethal self defense tool," parent company TASER notes the Pulse is legal to carry* and safe to own and operate. As a provider of heftier zap-style weaponry for law enforcement and military agencies, TASER also promises their civilian issue will deliver the same reliability in design and function as those the professionals use.
Six key features serve as the TASER Pulse's foundation for both effective and intuitive to use:
- Neuro-Muscular Incapacitation (NMI). The "Pulse" of the weapon, this is the shock that temporarily overrides an attacker's central nervous system. It restricts muscular control for 30 seconds. The gun supports both single-fire and multi-cycle discharges.
- LASER-assisted targeting and an LED flashlight significantly improve accuracy. The flashlight also helps clarify whether your target is an attacker, or just your girlfriend's visiting dad banging around the kitchen, fixing himself some bran flakes at 3 a.m. In the dark. Because he didn't want to wake you.
- A 15' safety range for firing so you don't have to get too close, and have enough space to get away after the discharge.
- A Contact Stun function in case you're too close to aim and fire.
- Shaved safeties and angled sights for comfortable, snag-free carry if you're packing a Pulse during outdoor activities or when you're out at night.
- A color-coded battery status indicator light lets you know if your juice is low.
TASER Pulse kits include: 2 x live cartridges; a non-rechargeable lithium power pack; a soft cover / carry sleeve; and a practice target. You can download a quick-start guide and complete Pulse user manual from the TASER website, as well as buy the self-defense weapon here.
*TASER cannot sell their products to civilians in DC, HI, MA, NJ, NY, or RI. In CT, IL, MI, and WI the Pulse is legal, but has restrictions and requirements for possession and use. Check with your local laws prior to purchase.