SALT is the first self defense platform to combine the safe, non-lethal protection of a pepper spray with the long-range protection of a traditional firearm, but without the drawbacks of either. Shaped like a traditional handgun, SALT shoots rounds filled with a powdered pepper spray and tear gas combination that creates a chemical cloud upon impact, incapacitating anyone in the vicinity. So while SALT will stop an intruder, it won't kill anyone who happens to stumble upon it (like a curious child).
And while SALT's powdered pepper spray and tear gas combination is the same strength used by the US Military, Federal and State Police Departments and the Federal Bureau of Prisons, it has also been deemed non-lethal (not to be confused with less-than-lethal) by the United Nations. So while the chemical effects last 50 minutes at the most, you or your family wouldn't suffer any permanent injuries if you were inadvertently exposed.
SALT also replaces the gun powder used in typical firearms with compressed air. That means no loud bang or kickback when you fire it, which makes the gun easier for more people to use. And since SALT Rounds release a chemical cloud of protection, you don't have to be face-to-face with an intruder to use it. For example, if you hear someone trying to kick down a door or break through a window, shooting the area around the break-in will create a chemical barrier that takes down the intruder after you're out of harm's way.
Click here to get your SALT Starter Kit.
- Effects: Vision impairment, lung constriction and burning set in within seconds and gradually diminish over the next 15 to 30 minutes (depending on the exposure time and quantity).
- Range: SALT is effective at 150+ feet vs the 6-10 feet of traditional pepper sprays or tasers.
- Hang Time: Each SALT Round explodes on impact into a 5 foot cloud of pepper spray that hangs in the air for 3-5 minutes.
- Impact: A SALT Round travels at 320 feet per second, delivering the same kinetic energy as being hit by a 50 mph fastball.
- Number of Shots: SALT is fed by a 7-round magazine, which allows the user to quickly fire up to 21 rounds.
- Power: SALT is powered by a safe, household CO2 cylinder that is activated when needed by simply pulling the trigger of the gun to break the cylinder's seal.
- Shelf Life: Our military strength pepper spray has a 5-year shelf life (more than double the industry standard), and can be stored at temperatures up to 150 degrees F.
- Made In America: Every SALT Pepper Spray Gun, Round and accessory is manufactured in the Midwest.