The Hideez Key is your 9-gram knight in digital armor. The wearable piece of Bluetooth-powered data, device, and door security performs numerous feats of strength in the battle to keep your personal information and possessions safe. And as of June 2017, Hideez has rolled out MacOS and iOS support for their digital key.
Previously compatible with Android and Windows devices, the Hideez Key now brings the same level of wearable security to Mac and iPhone users with the updated Hideez Safe app. Essential Hideez features extended to these platforms, include:
- Smart Lock. Your paired devices, such as your Mac laptop and iPhone, lock and unlock based on your Hideez Key's proximity to them, measured by the strength of the Bluetooth signal from the key. In other words, pick up your phone, and it unlocks. Walk away, and none shall pass.
- RFID Credential Storage. Hideez channels Olivia Newton John and gets physical too, allowing you to replace all the stupid fobs and remotes you're currently carrying around, and lock and unlock doors via this single device.
- Password Vault. The Hideez Safe app is a digital vault of all your login information, kept physically separate from the devices that use it. You can activate automated password input scripts for most major sites and mobile apps, without adding plug-ins or going through extra setup.
- OTP Generator. Hideez can generate one-time passwords for two-factor authentication and online banking.
- Theft Alarm. Receive a loud (90 dB) notification through the Hideez Key fob when the Bluetooth signal strength between it and your mobile device or computer falls below your custom-set level.
- Trusted Places Arrangement. Set locations that don't require the same level of security (e.g., your home) and Hideez will automatically simplify its usage procedures.
iPhone and Mac users, along with Android and Windows loyalists can all click here to learn more about the Hideez Key, and grab one in your choice of black or aqua. The iOS version of the Hideez Safe App can be downloaded on the App Store.