AKA The Other $35 Do-It-All Computer. Running Android 4.0, the MK802 Allwinner A10 Mini PC is about the size of a flash drive and, also like your favorite USB storage device, enjoys being plugged into things. HDMI inputs to be precise. Unlike flash drives, however, the MK802 also enjoys having things plugged into it. A keyboard. A mouse. A micro SD card. The little brick with the Android brain is truly a wonder of versatility and skill.
When launched through the HDMI input, the MK802 Mini PC runs as a media player, internet browser, game machine, or for "general use". I'm not sure exactly what "general use" means, but I have a feeling it has something to do with either spreadsheets and word processing, or porn. For Internet browsing (no ethernet port is included in the MK802 model, so you'll need WiFi connectivity), both Chrome and the Android browser are enabled. Free and premium games come courtesy of the Android market, or users can install emulators to play vintage games in HD. Desktop PC mode on the MK802 runs on Linux, which allows access to a wide range of software.
Other Mini PC specs:
- A22 mini TV box (allegedly the smallest in the world)
- Adopt A10/1.5GHZ Cortex-A8 high speed processor
- Android 4.0 OS; HD 1080p
- RAM: 1GB
- ROM: 4GB
- CPU: Allwinner A10/ 1.5 GHz Cortex-A8
- Built-in Wi-Fi + HDMI + support google play with WIFI 802.1b/g/n Wireless NIC, to get rid of the wire bond
- Support Full HD 1080P/2160P, full format video decoding/HD TV player
- "Full extension let you be like a tiger with wings added." [I really, really wish I could say I made that line up and threw it in there, but it is actually part of one of the Mini PC Amazons listings' product copy.]
- Product weight: 200 g
- Product size (L x W x H): 8.8 cm long x 3.5 cm wide x 1.2 cm high
- Package includes: A22 Mini TV Box Player; HDMI Cable; USB Cable; Power Adapter