Bacon Maple Doughnut Beer
- Head Rush Can Bong - $6.05
- 16 oz. Chocolate Covered Bacon - $23.95
- Das Boot 2L Beerfest German Beer Stein - $17.95
- Mudslide Chocolate Milk Stout, Beer Making Extract Kit - $39.99
- Electric Mini Donut Maker - $19.88
For those who believe Oregon is just full of bike-ridin', tree-huggin', farmer's-market-shoppin', paradoxically-Nike-wearin' liberal geeks...well, maybe you're mostly right, but Oregonians also have some pretty wicked creativity when it comes to the food and beverage industry. For example, Portland and Newport institutions Voodoo Doughnut and Rogue Ales, much like an OG rapper and a wholesome pop star, have collaborated on a mashup sure to boost both of their empires: Bacon Maple Ale. Bacon and maple syrup from one of Voodoo's most infamous yeast-risen, sugar-laden creations are added to the smoked malt richness of a Rogue artisan ale. Total calories per beer: 1 billion.
Fittingly, Bacon Maple Doughnut Beer is a 5.6% golden brown ale crafted from 13 of mother nature's finest inducers of drunken revelry. These include:
- Briess cherrywood smoked malt
- Weyermann beechwood smoked malt
- Rogue house-smoked hickory malt
- Applewood-smoked bacon
- Pure maple flavoring
- Perle and Sterling hops
- Pacman yeast and free range coastal water
Bacon Maple Ales are packaged Go big or go home-style, in 750mL pink frosting-colored bottles. (And, at $12.95 a pop, this is case in point as to why you might need a Hermetus Bottle Opener & Resealer). Not surprisingly, but still somewhat comically, recommended food pairings are doughnuts and pork.