ShapeScale 3D Body Scanner
ShapeScale says its 3D body scanner and fitness tracker is "like a magic mirror that allows you to time travel. See your present and past self from any angle." Hmmm, "magic mirror," huh? Something tells me my relationship with this "Mirror, mirror under my feet...and circling my body like a charmed cobra on a merry-go-round..." is gonna tell me I am not the fairest of them all.
From day one.
And it's only gonna get worse from there.
Clearly, the ShapeScale is a gift to athletes, and to people who are already fit - or at least to those working real hard at it. And definitely to the little bit obsessed. If fitness trackers like the 24-hour wearable BioStrap lead us in that biometric-indulgent direction, the ShapeScale's three-dimensional visualization of fat loss and muscle gains could consume us completely.
Especially if Elon Musk's AI fears come true, and the Little Tracker That Could 3D scans itself into our brains to seize control of our consciousness.
On the bright side, though, here are some benefits of using a ShapeScale!
- Get a 3D photorealistic avatar of yourself in under a minute. Scans are high precision and fidelity, and let you view your body from every angle. [In other words, you can stop asking everyone else if your butt looks big.]
- Use 3D Heatmaps to explore what parts of your physique have changed. Select 2 dates to pull up their respective scans and the ShapeScale will calculate and show data on where you've been gaining and losing muscle and fat.
- A Difference View zooms in on detailed changes, such as how far your belly protruded 15, 30, and 60 days ago. [ShapeScale must have learned how to do that from my Aunt Jan.]
- Localized Metrics provide readouts of measurements, lean mass, fat mass, and weight at specific body parts (e.g., biceps, pecs, stomach, quads.)
- Visual Goal Tracking allows you to set goals for the ShapeScale to chart and diagram like a nifty shrinking / growing you piece of art.
At printing the ShapeScale 3D body scanner was selling at an introductory price of $299.