DJI is sending a new Mavic to Top Gun and he's looking for a Gos. You in? The Mavic Pro is a folding drone powerful enough to fly at 40MPH for 25+ minutes and buzz the tower when permission is denied. Precise enough to hover in exact locations recording true 4K video, and snap stellar inverted Polaroids of MiG-28s. And small enough to enter the ring against a water bottle and...uh...fall in love with a way older instructor who decides she's a lesbian 20 years later.
You've might have heard of DJI once or twice before, and may be getting the sense they pretty much set the bar for drone excellence. The Mavic Pro is DJI's latest feat of four propellors. In addition to folding into a more portable, less likely to be damaged travel companion, the Mavic:
- Has a new OcuSync transmission system to give you up to 4.3 miles of transmission range.
- Flies at up to 40MPH for up to 27 minutes.
- Has a built-in 4K sensor for true 4K video at 30 FPS. Mavic Pro also has an integrated 3-axis mechanical camera stabilization system for vibrant photos and smooth video "without losing a single pixel."
- For amateur videographers, has smart features such as ActiveTrack and TapFly return professional looking results.
- Has an Obstacle Avoidance build that joins sensor redundancy to increase flight safety and reliability.
- Can also take orders from your phone over Wi-Fi if you don't feel like dragging along the remote.
- Will take the best ever selfies of you sitting on Trolltunga in Norway.