- Where Should We Camp Next?: A 50-State Guide to Amazing Campgrounds and Other Unique Outdoor Accommo - $12.99
- USA National Parks: Lands of Wonder - $24.36
- Scenic Science of the National Parks: An Explorer's Guide to Wildlife, Geology, and Botany - $19.39
- The Art of the National Parks (Fifty-Nine Parks) - $35.09
Subpar Parks: America's Most Extraordinary National Parks and Their Least Impressed Visitors is a tour guide through our country's finest specimens of Mother Nature. It is also a comedic compendium of reviews from people who clearly don't understand the nature of Mother Nature, and, along with some baffling comments, gave the parks just one star.
Written by Amber Share, Subpar Parks is based on the Instagram account of the same name. What's nice about both is that in addition to giving outdoor enthusiasts plenty of chuckles and opportunities to roll their eyes at the clueless and ignorant, they are also legit travel resources. Subpar Parks the book contains about 50% new material, and 50% information and reviews that have already appeared on Instagram. It also delves deeper into some of the more popular national parks, such as Yosemite, Yellowstone, and the Grand Canyon, and adds anecdotes and tips from park rangers.
You can see some of the more choice comments from 1-star reviews in the image gallery above, captioning Share's stunning illustrations of their corresponding national parks. Additional selections include:
- Denali National Park in Alaska: "Barren wasteland of tundra."
- Glacier National Park in Montana: "Too cold for me!"
- Gates of the Arctic National Park in Alaska: "Mountains not nearly tall enough."
- Bryce Canyon National Park in Utah: "Too spiky!"
- Grand Canyon of the Yellowstone at Yellowstone National Park in Wyoming: "I've seen better."
DudeIWantThat.com is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases. Learn more.