Stadler Made Outdoor Oven 2.0
- Forno Allegro Wood Fired Pizza Oven - $1,300.00
- Napoli Wood Fire & Gas Outdoor Pizza Oven - $249.00
- Camp Chef Outdoor Camp Oven - $206.99
- Harbor Gardens Monterey Pizza Oven with Stone - $211.25
- The Blue Rooster Cast Iron Casita Wood Burning Chiminea - $589.95
Low and slow or fast and flamin'? With Pieter Stadler's Stadler Made Outdoor Oven 2.0, it's your choice .
Stadler has had previous success with his Outdoor Oven 1.0, which is a fire-powered oven for blasting pizza to gooey doneness in 2 minutes flat, or baking homemade bread slow and steady. With the 2.0 he has added a grill top, accessible by opening the top of the oven and swapping out the cordierite pizza stone for the stainless steel grill grate (both included.)
The oven method of cooking uses firewood, first small kindling to build the flames, and then standard logs to help it reach temperatures of up to 930 degrees F - heat time is about 25 minutes. If you want to BBQ meat, veggies, or fish - or throw a cast iron skillet on the grill - fill the wood chamber with charcoal instead.
The Stadler Made Outdoor Oven 2.0 is made of 0.3" thick Corten steel, chosen specifically for its tendency to rust over time (between a few months to a year, depending on your environment.) The rust forms a protective coating over the unit, as well as creates its olden days industrial aesthetic.
Additional changes to the Outdoor Oven 2.0 from the 1.0 include:
- Larger interior, big enough to fit a 12" pizza.
- Higher heat capacity, up to 930 degrees F.
- 2 doors for better control of airflow.
- Wooden handles for opening up or carrying the oven.
Stadler is seeking funding for his Stadler Made Outdoor Oven 2.0 here on Kickstarter through July 1, 2019.