Microwave Sandwich Grill
- Chefman Panini Press Grill & Gourmet Sandwich Maker - $32.95
- Total Package 6-in-1 Grill, Waffle Maker, Griddle & Panini Press - $84.95
- Red Copper Flipwich Non-Stick Grilled Sandwich & Panini Maker - $15.96
- Range Mate Pro Nonstick Microwave Grill Pot / Pan - $99.95
- Milliard Raclette Grill for 8 People - $62.99
I guess a microwave sandwich grill has 2 things going for it over a countertop panini press. Well...more like 1 1/2 things. First, the pair of platinum silicone and non-stick aluminum plates squash down and grill-mark up your grilled cheeses, breakfast sandwiches, and patty melts faster than the standalone gadget, at around 3 to 5 minutes in the microwave. But it's not that much faster than a Foreman.
And second, the microwave grill plates are more compact than other other sandwich grills, with no cords or electronic innards that prevent you from tossing them in the dishwasher to clean, or shoving them sideways in a cabinet for storage. But you'll still have to find a place to put them, and you'll still have to wash them.
So we have slightly faster and slightly easier to clean and store. To me that's about 3/4 of a thing each going for the microwave sandwich grill over a countertop sandwich grill, so 1 1/2 things total. Is that enough for you to buy in on crispy browned results straight outta the microwave?