Fidget Cube Desk Toy
Whether it's the caffeine jitters, public speaking anxiety, or ants in your pants, those of us who aren't trained professionals in smoothness like James Bond and Ryan Gosling in Crazy, Stupid, Love will probably feel the fidgets hit every now and then. What do you do when your nerves buzz and skin prickles? When your body cries out for some cathartic relief? I chew on my fingers until they look like they went through a meat grinder. Brothers Matthew and Mark McLachlan use a Fidget Cube.
Through their Antsy Labs design studio the McLachlans have created a few solutions to what they consider problems of everyday life. The Fidget Cube, an "unusually addicting" desk toy for focus and anxiety relief, is their latest. The cube looks like a supersized die in basic shape, but instead of pips that determine how happy you leave the craps table, each of this lucky roller's 6 sides contains a different doohickey to fidget with. They are:
- Spin: A rotating dial.
- Click: The "dice" side, with 3 buttons that depress to click audibly and 2 that push silently.
- Roll: A trio of tactical gears, plus a clickable ball and socket.
- Glide: A joystick that coasts across the surface.
- Breathe: Modeled after worry stones for rubbing to relieve anxiety...when other...members...aren't readily available or acceptable for rubbing.
- Switch: A classic toggler.
Fidget Cubes are made of vinyl and will come in 8 different colors. The desk toy seeks crowdfunding on Kickstarter through October 19, 2016.
If you like to fidget, check out our picks for the best fidget toys and fidget spinners.