Cooking Essentials Travel Kit
A pinch of salt here, a square of foil there, a fat douse of sriracha on top - it's a gourmet meal in Room 204 at the Motel 6 thanks to the Cooking Essentials Travel Kit from Dash Provisions. Really?
No, not really.
Well, sort of.
Dash Provisions doesn't make meals-to-go(-on-vacation) per se, but the company does provide a genuine culinary service with their Cooking Essentials Travel Kit. Travelers headed to cabins and Air B&Bs, camp sites and and hotel rooms with kitchenettes, and maybe even the odd Motel 6 with a microwave, will find some key items inside this box that will simplify and reduce the costs of meal prep. Think the few tablespoons of olive you need to stir fry and make a salad dressing, versus the 16-ounce vat you'd have to buy at the grocery store. Half-ounce vials of salt and pepper, a handful of Ziploc-bags, and a dozen coffee filters.
Maybe your getaway's kitchen will have these types of basics, leftovers from previous guests who gave up and bought the full-size whatevers only to use a fraction of them. The Cooking Essentials Travel Kit exists because maybe it won't too. Or maybe it will have pepper but not salt, vinegar but not oil, Colon Cleaner instead of sriracha! You just never know.
You might be wondering why you couldn't just assemble a Cooking Essentials Travel Kit yourself, probably for half the cost of what Dash Provisions is charging. No reason at all. If you think it's a good idea, go for it. In fact, here's the complete list of what's in the Cooking Essentials Travel Kit to help you out:
- 1/2 ounce container of sea salt flakes
- 1/2 ounce container of fine sea salt
- 1/2 ounce container ground pepper
- 1/2 ounce container of garlic and herb seasoning
- 1/2 ounce container of steak seasoning
- 2 ounces sriracha sauce
- 3 ounces gourmet extra virgin olive oil
- 3 ounces aged balsamic vinegar
- 20 zip closure sandwich bags
- 10 zip closure gallon size bags (also helpful if a shampoo bottle burst inside the one you brought through TSA on the way there.)
- 12 aluminum foil sheets
- 10 bamboo skewers
- 12 basket style coffee filters
- 1 flexible non-slip cutting mat