While the HC1's $15K base price doesn't make me a Happier Camper, if my mama, or my sugar mama, were to purchase one on my behalf I would very happily camp around our country's best national parks and nude beaches all summer long. The "retro-modern" HC1 is an ultra-light trailer that prides itself on folding a host of contemporary engineering concepts into a nostalgic, surf's up design.
The camper's fiberglass construction has a dry weight of just 1,100 pounds, making it tow compatible with most vehicles. More notably, a trademarked Adaptiv modular interior system makes the HC1 fully customizable to suit both individual and circumstantial needs. Add, remove, or rearrange modules comprising the trailer's floor and furniture to accommodate camping one weekend, hauling the next, and your friend Maurice who has been temporarily ejected from his girlfriend's townhouse the one after that. Reconfiguring the Adaptiv system shouldn't take more than a few minutes at a time.
Happier Camper has also included the following perks in their HC1 trailer package:
- Large rear hatch door
- Sleeping space for up to 5 people
- 70 square feet of interior floor space, 42 square feet walkable
- Panoramic jalousie windows
- Solar power with contoured panel
- Rigid frame with built-in stabilizers
- Independent torsion axles supporting 13" wheels
- Advanced battery and electrical components
- Compact profile--the HC1 should fit in a single parking space and most garages
HC1 trailers are made to order, with a lead time of 8 to 10 weeks. Use the Happier Campier contact form to get your custom build rolling.
Muchas danke to Uncrate.