Honda Sound Sitter - Car Engine Noise Baby Soother
- SleepyMe - Smart Sleep Soother & White Noise Sound Machine - $34.95
- Baby Shusher Sleep Miracle Soother - $34.99
- Adaptive Sound Technologies LectroFan Evo White Noise Sound Machine - $59.95
- The No-Cry Sleep Solution: Gentle Ways to Help Your Baby Sleep Through the Night - $10.99
- SwaddleMe Original Organic Swaddle 2-Pack - $24.39
Honda's Sound Sitter, a new concept stuffed toy (yes, we live in a time where a "concept stuffed toy" is a thing) for babies and fussy kids, is powered by the idea that taking crying littles for a ride in the car helps soothe and quiet them. It's also powered by the built-in sounds of the Honda NSX engine.
Thinking of parents faced with inconsolable kids, especially while on the bus, in a store, or on an airplane, Honda considered what it was about car rides that tends to calm down so many. Their best guess: car engines emit sounds at low frequencies that are similar to those babies hear in their mothers' wombs.
The Honda Sound Sitter plush has a small speaker inside that parents can operate remotely to activate the NSX engine sounds. Honda picked the NSX as its star soother after testing out the sounds of 37 different car engines, including a range of Accord, Civic, and Integra models. Testing out the NSX engine on children from 6 months to 1-1/2 years old produced the best results, with 11 out of 12 kiddos seemingly placated, and 7 of them exhibiting lowered heart rates.
The NSX. Of course. Kids always want the most expensive one.