The League of Regrettable Superheroes
- 100 of the Worst Ideas in History - $11.98
- Sex and Horror: The Art of Emanuele Taglietti - $21.79
- Aurora Monster Scenes - The Most Controversial Toys of a Generation - $29.95
- Drawn & Quarterly: Twenty-five Years of Contemporary Cartooning, Comics & Graphic Novels - $29.96
- Shazam!: A Celebration of 75 Years - $27.00
For every Batman there's a Doll Man. For every Spider-Man a Doctor Hormone. And for every Ant-Man, an...Ant-Man. The League of Regrettable Superheroes gives an encyclopedic look into the creation, realization, and complete flop of 100 of the strangest superheroes ever put to print. If you want a few hours of What were they thinking?!, or in my case, a book to make me feel slightly less crappy about my own miscued endeavors (I know the Baby Muzzle could take off if people would just stop being so stuck up!) this League will not disappoint. And really, we need these bombs in the superhero world. Trying and failing is what helps us to learn, what makes our ideas better. There would be no Superman without Bee Man. No Wolverine without Nature Boy. No Iron Man without Captain Tootsie.
The League of Regrettable Superheroes includes backstories, vintage art, and commentary on its oddball, misguided, and sometimes downright pathetic men and women of justice. Jon Morris' compilation was made for everyone from die-hard comics fans to casual superhero moviegoers to people who just can't help but slow down and gawk at the scene of an accident.