The Culinary Bro-Down Cookbook
- MUNCHIES: Late-Night Meals from the World's Best Chefs - $15.00
- The Shredded Chef: 120 Recipes for Building Muscle, Getting Lean, and Staying Healthy - $13.52
- Guerrilla Tacos: Recipes from the Streets of L.A. - $18.34
- Night + Market: Delicious Thai Food to Facilitate Drinking and Fun-Having Amongst Friends - $22.46
- The Low-FODMAP Diet for Beginners: A 7-Day Plan to Beat Bloat and Soothe Your Gut with Recipes for F - $13.00
Mac 'n' Cheese Nachos, Loaded Avocado Fries, dude. It's time to bro-down. The Culinary Bro-Down Cookbook, despite incorporating a word most men do not want to be associated with, has a respectable goal, one most of us can appreciate: expanding our world of late-night munchie food beyond instant ramen and frozen tater tots.
Journalist and blogger Josh Scherer has compiled over 70 recipes for The Culinary Bro-Down Cookbook, all of them designed to quell stomachs rumbling for one of what he calls the 10 "brossential" food groups. They are: Beer; Drunk Munchies; Food in Dirt; Wake & Bake; Stuff Chicks Like; Fried Things; Tacos; Meat & Fire; Burgers; and Struggle Snax (i.e., for eating on the cheap / broke).
In addition to directions - and full-color photos! - for Top Cheffing out dishes such as Beer-Poached Bratwurst Party Subs and Pork Belly Tacos with Fish Sauce Caramel, Scherer also includes stories and anecdotes, seasoned with a heavy sprinkling of pontificating and profanity. In true bro, and now Culinary Bro-Down style.