The Big Activity Book for Anxious People
- Zen as F*ck: A Journal for Practicing the Mindful Art of Not Giving a Sh*t - $8.99
- Commute: An Illustrated Memoir of Female Shame - $24.99
- How to Be Happy (Or at Least Less Sad): A Creative Workbook - $6.32
- Anxious Art: A Creativity Journal to Help Calm You - $12.99
- The Big Fat Activity Book for Pregnant People - $12.62
The Big Activity Book for Anxious People is a combination of the self-help and adult coloring book genres. (No, I can't believe I just called adult coloring books a genre either.) Jordan Reid and Erin Williams fill their pages with relatable tidbits, chunks of advice, and facts both soothing and fear-inducing, all laid out in fun shapes and fonts along with accompanying graphics and, yep, activities. Zen mantras to practice. Calming Grandma pics to color. Ride the Subway Without Touching Anyone mazes to complete.
From title on the front to content like Your Hotel Room Carpet: A Petri Dish of Horrors within, The Big Activity Book for Anxious People doesn't try to hide its irreverence, but for those who have succumbed to a general state of malaise living amongst climate change, world politics, social media, and crappy Game of Thrones finales, it can still provide a calming outlet. A reassurance that your fears are founded, but shouldn't be all-consuming, and something to do besides lying awake at 3 a.m. worrying about whether you "cc'ed the right 'Bob' on that email."