Dainese D-Air Airbag Smart Motorcycle Jacket
- Viking Cycle Bloodaxe Premium Grade Cowhide Leather Motorcycle Jacket for Men - $119.99
- Harley-Davidson Official Men's Command Leather Jacket - $475.00
- FLAVOR Men's Brown Leather Motorcycle Jacket with Removable Hood - $149.99
- Joe Rocket Phoenix Ion Men's Mesh Motorcycle Jacket - $179.99
- Joe Rocket Atomic Men's 5.0 Textile Motorcycle Jacket - $152.99
The nicest thing is to ride a motorcycle you never crash. The second nicest thing is to wear a motorcycle jacket and helmet that protect you if you do. The Dainese Smart Jacket is a forthcoming reinvention of the recreational road rider's motorcycle jacket that integrates the D-Air airbag system the Italian brand uses in their MotoGP clothing line.
The Dainese Smart Jacket (which is really more of a vest) and its built-in D-Air system protects riders' backs and other vital parts with the Shield, a patented airbag with microfilaments Dainese says provides the equivalent of 7 back protectors' worth of coverage without the use of a single hardshell. The vest gets its "Smart" designation from a monitoring system that checks in on the rider / riding conditions 1,000 times a second. It uses 7 sensors to detect lowsiders, highsiders, collisions with objects or other vehicles, and rear-end collisions, auto-activating the Shield when necessary.
Men and women can wear the Dainese Smart Jacket on its own, or under their favorite sleeved bike jacket.