The Camping Doughnut
- 3 Room Cabin Tent - 3 Queen Beds - Sleeps 12 - $307.60
- Coleman Canyon Breeze 10 Person Tent - $279.99
- Get a Room 2-Person Tent - $475.00
- Wenzel Klondike 16' x 11' 8-Person Family Cabin Dome Tent - $177.99
- Poco Divo 2-person Family Camping Dome - $19.98
- Snugpak Scorpion 2 Tactical Shelter - $243.97
Ooh, a tent that looks like one of those obstacle course tubes I used to crawl through in gym class and the fat kids used to get stuck in crawling through in gym class. The Camping Doughnut, an easily collapsible and transportable cylindrical tent, extends into fully habitable sleeping and lounging spaces with no pitching required.
Still a concept, the Camping Doughnut was designed by Sungha Lim, Hyunmook Lim, and Han Kim both to make the worst part of camping a little easier, as well as harvest a simultaneous sense of community and individual space. The tent substitute sets up in 4 different shapes. "I" shapes are a single, straight tube capable of housing 2 to 4 people in a pair of sleeping rooms and a living room. The curved "C" shape Camping Doughnut offers the same accommodations, but also blocks wind on 3 sides to generate a central outdoor space for campfires and recreation. Combine two Doughnuts to create an "S" or "O" shape for additional space, privacy, and weather shielding.