Woodsum Functional DIY Pinhole Camera Kit
- WOODSUM Fully Functional Wooden 3D Puzzle LED Retro Lamp DIY Kit - $49.00
- WOODSUM Fully Functional Wooden 3D Puzzle Smartphone TV DIY Kit - $63.00
- WOODSUM Fully Functional Wooden 3D Puzzle Safe Coin Box DIY Kit - $29.00
- DIY 3D Vitascope Wooden Puzzle Kit - $44.95
- Wise Elk Microscope Wooden Mechanical 3D Puzzle - $69.99
A picture is worth a thousand words, but it is worth a thousand hours of putting together one of Wooodsum's DIY Pinhole Cameras? OK, maybe a thousand is a bit of an exaggeration. The kit actually specifies 2 to 4 hours of "continuous work" to pop all 79 pieces of laser-cut wood out of their cards, and puzzle them together into the fully functional analog camera you see here.
If you're not familiar with pinhole cameras, they're retro photo shooters that take pictures through an itty bitty pinhole instead of a lens. You as photographer also control the camera's exposure time. Resultant photographs have a "vintage" feel. That means they're blurry.
Once assembled, you'll need to insert a roll of 35mm film into your Woodsum Pinhole Camera to take your photos. Then you'll need to learn how to develop film, or find the one pharmacy in rural Iowa that still does it, so you can look at them.
Muchas danke to The Awesomer.
DudeIWantThat.com is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases. Learn more.