Polygon - 4-in-1 Origami Measuring Spoons
- 3-in-1 Origami Measuring Cup Set - $6.54
- You're My Person Spoon - $18.00
- Ax Pizza Cutter - $9.21
- Retractable Refrigerator Storage Drawers - $14.70
- KitchenArt Pro Auto-Measure Spice Carousel - $29.98
A flat spoon. Isn't that about as useful as a holey bucket? Or decaf? Under normal circumstances, indeed, but under the origami folds of Polygons, spoons that lay smooth and straight as a nun's ruler aren't just useful, they're superior to all the other spoons in the land.
Polygons are a 2-piece set of flat rectangular strips that each fold into 4 different sizes of measuring teaspoons and tablespoons. How you pick them up determines how they origami themselves into the measurement you need to scoop up the chili powder or drizzle in the sesame oil. Check out a GIF here.
Pre-marked areas on both Polygon spoons indicate where you should pinch and lift to access the size you need for your recipe. The teaspoon Polygon has 1/4, 1/2, 3/4, and 1 tsp markings, and the tablespoon Polygon 1/2, 1, 1-1/2, and 2 T folds. In addition to looking neat and storing flat, Polygons improve upon standard measuring spoons with:
- Easy Cleaning. Just flatten and wipe. (Or lick!)
- No Waste. Get the full tablespoon...or two...of sticky honey distributed over your Cheerios, and scrape off every last drop of this month's best Fuego Box bottle into your friend Cornelius' chili when he takes another call from his whiny girlfriend during Westworld.
- Spreader Action. Post-ingredient measuring and transport, flatten the spoon out and spread the goods all over your toast or girlfriend's belly.
Polygons are up for pre-order via Kickstarter through November 20, 2016.