Pocket-Sized Grappling Hook
- Hand Tiger Climbing Claws - $12.95
- Fury Martial Arts Folding Grappling Hook with Black Cord - $16.75
- Apocalyptic Decapitator Sword - $15.95
- Ninja Climbing Foot Spikes Set - $8.23
- Carbon Steel Throwing Knives - $7.26
One more Bat Toy for my Bat Toy Box! This pocket-sized tube that adeptly screws into a grappling hook was originally produced by EDO Robotics in response to a desert warfare operator's request for a lightweight, reusable tool for snagging trip wires or command detonation wires on IEDs. Once the Pocket Grappling Hook made its debut, other military departments admired its utility, and ordered another production run. CountyComm now acquires and sells overstock hooks when they're available. And, tossers, latchers, grabbers, draggers, and straight up Dark Knights, they're available now.
The 1" x 5-1/2" hook has a water-resistant, O-ring-sealed T6061 aluminum body and 300 series stainless steel spikes, the latter of which unscrew to store in the tubular former. It weighs 5 ounces, without water or sand ballast weight, either of which can be added to the hollow body to improve effective throwing range.
Some Not Fun Uses of the Pocket Grappling Hook
- Snag & drag packages and bags. Particularly those that do not belong to you, but that you would like to have.
- Tear down blinds and curtains during SWAT entry applications. Or, you know, because it's quality entertainment.
- Pull ladies's lacy underthings off laundry lines.
- Reposition barbed wire emplacements. Disclaimer: I don't know what that means.
- Get the high-hanging fruit no one else ever even bothers to reach for.
- Recover lost shoes from telephone wires and poles.
- Snag zombies.
Some Not Fun, and Not Certified, Uses of the Pocket Grappling Hook
- Supporting your body weight. As in securing the hook over a balcony and climbing all knight in shining armor style up the side of Jessica Alba's house to rescue her from her lonely and stifling life. The device will almost certainly fail halfway up and you'll fall and die. If not, Jessica will probably spray you with mace and Dark Angel kick you in the face when you get to the top. Don't use the grappling hook for climbing.
Muchas danke to Mark L. for the Dude Product Tip.