- Filipino Martial Arts Kali Arnis Olisi Palad - $16.79
- Complete Sinawali: Filipino Double-Weapon Fighting - $11.99
- Filipino Martial Arts Kali Arnis Escrima - $75.00
- Filipino Kali Arnis Escrima Practice Metal 21" Barong Blade Training Sword - $69.99
- Filipino Kali Arnis Escrima Eskrima Practice Metal 26" Kris Training Sword - $75.00
The dudes at Zombie Tools call their new Sharkalope knife "an unholy confusion of genetics." I love the dudes at Zombie Tools. I hate them too. Because not only are they way better at their job of forging apocalyptic weapons of combat than I could ever be, they're also way better at my job of...words...than I am too. Hopefully they have bad breath and excessive back hair to even the scales.
The Sharkalope brings together a few different knife design elements ZT admires in Filipino martial arts weapons, such as:
- Speed and balance for fast strikes and quick tip return.
- Low mass-per-inch ratio at just 2 pounds over a 26" length.
- Oversized handle representative of classic Filipino ornamentation that also levels the Sharkalope center of balance at a point just above the wielder's hand.
Zombie Tools notes the Sharkalope is currently their shop's own preferred test-cutter since it slices with little more than a wrist flick, and its lightness makes it easy to use for long periods of time without fatigue. I hope that means an inordinate number of PBR cans were harmed in its making. (If that didn't make sense to you, check out this video.)