Life-Size RC R2-D2 Refrigerator
- Millennium Falcon Cutting Board - $39.95
- R2-D2 Thermos - $35.88
- R2-D2 Cookie Jar - $44.89
- R2D2 & R2Q5 Salt & Pepper Shakers - $22.00
- Wookiee Pies, Clone Scones & Other Galactic Goodies: The Star Wars Cookbook - $15.45
You probably won't be so bummed to hear that this life-size remote control R2-D2 refrigerator is available only in Japan once you hear that Lucasfilm's Far East minions are charging over $8,000 for it. Oh, and the fridge's interior holds no more than a 6-pack of sodie. Artoo as cold chamber might be a sweet droid to look at, but he's probably not the droid you're looking for. Still, here are his vitals:
- Creator Otakumode has designed the R2 fridge to be a precise 1:1 replica of the film version. He is made of ABS plastic, stainless steel and die-cast zinc. Measurements are 37.4" tall x 25.6" wide x 24.4" deep
- The R2-D2 refrigerator moves, makes sounds, and lights up just like his counterpart, all controllable with an included remote. He is able to travel forward, backward, left, and right.
- He has also been fitted with a 720p HD projector and Miracast for Android.
- A front panel in his body opens to reveal a 6L refrigerator chamber, large enough to hold 6 x 350mL cans.
- He is good for about 2 hours of active droiding per charge.