Welcome to the Universe: An Astrophysical Tour
- StarTalk: Everything You Ever Need to Know About Space Travel, Sci-Fi, the Human Race & Universe - $19.86
- Neil Degrasse Tyson T-shirt - $15.00
- Science Doesn't Care What You Believe T-shirt - $11.99
- Death by Black Hole: And Other Cosmic Quandaries - $21.63
- Space Chronicles: Facing the Ultimate Frontier - $15.68
Astronomy 101. Did you take it in college? How about Astronomy 101 taught by the Hat Trick of Neil deGrasse Tyson, Michael A. Strauss, and J. Richard Gott at Princeton? Yeah, I missed that one too. But the fun-loving astrophysicists have teamed up again to give us the next best thing: Welcome to the Universe.
Welcome to the Universe: An Astrophysical Tour gives readers Tyson, Strauss, and Gott's personal guided trek through the cosmos. They cover the basics--planets, stars galaxies--through the anomalies and mysteries--black holes, wormholes, time travel--in what I can only imagine is engaging prose that doesn't present as too much of a head scratcher since Welcome to the Universe has made it onto The New York Times Best Sellers list. So, you know, lots of people are reading it.
Or at least lots of people are buying it.
Welcome to the Universe strives to make you feel at home amongst your matter and space with discussions of the following topics:
- How stars live and die.
- Why Pluto got kicked out of the planet club.
- The prospects of intelligent life elsewhere in the universe.
- Why the universe is expanding and why is its expansion is accelerating.
- How it all began in the first place.
DudeIWantThat.com is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases. Learn more.