- The Geeks' Guide to World Domination: Be Afraid, Beautiful People - $11.62
- TextAppeal - For Guys!: The Ultimate Texting Guide - $8.99
- The Pickup Artist: The New and Improved Art of Seduction - $17.35
- Two Gentlemen of Lebowski: A Most Excellent Comedie and Tragical Romance - $12.33
- The Geek's Guide to Dating - $12.30
Stereotypically, they're awkward. Unathletic. Unpopular. Nasally. Know-it-alls who got no game. In reality, they run the world. And maybe a lot of the 21st century's geeks still do possess some of the qualities of those from Saved by the Bell. But they also possess Fortune 500 companies. They drive industry and capitalism. They made the Internet. In Geek Wisdom, a team of hardcore members of the geek class exemplify how they earned their titles by sharing their takes and musings on 200 of the most oft-cited quotes and sacred teachings from their compadres, famed geeks of movies, TV, literature, games, and science.
The mini-essays include interpretations of sage lines such as:
- “Now we know—and knowing is half the battle."
- "Nobody expects the Spanish Inquisition!"
- "The cake is a lie."
- "I say we take off and nuke the site from orbit."
- "Roads? Where we're going we don't need roads."
- "You do not talk about Fight Club."
- "It's dangerous to go alone! Take this."
Geek Wisdom lets the spice flow, according to author Stephen Segal, "to guide us toward maturity by helping us ask and answer the big, cosmic questions about existence." It's a spiritual guide for geeks of the world and a manual for non-geeks seeking to interact with and thrive amongst them.
DudeIWantThat.com is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases. Learn more.