Astrophysics for People in a Hurry
- StarTalk: Everything You Need to Know - $18.74
- The Greatest Story Ever Told--So Far: Why Are We Here? - $14.16
- Undeniable: Evolution and the Science of Creation - $10.36
- Welcome to the Universe: An Astrophysical Tour - $30.38
- The Big Picture: On the Origins of Life, Meaning & the Universe Itself - $11.59
I wonder if calling Neil deGrasse Tyson's book about astrophysics one for "people in a hurry" is a nice way of saying it's really for people who have no quarkin' chance of understanding astrophysics outside of Tyson taking on the impossible task of watering his field down to 224 pages. People who are even more grateful to discover that only about 200 of those pages are filled with words you actually have to read (i.e., words that aren't part of title or index pages. No pictures, though. Sorry.) People like...me.
In Astrophysics for People in a Hurry, Tyson goes for succinctness and clarity--plus the wit we already know he has down--in his explanations of the nature of space and time, and how we fit within the universe. The book seeks to give those interested in the science of black holes, quantum mechanics, and the search for life outside of Earth an understanding of the topics that goes a little beyond a bunch of buzzwords, and an ability to talk and listen to others talk about them intelligently.
DudeIWantThat.com is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases. Learn more.