Razer Blade 14" Gaming Laptop
$2,199.99 - $2,699.99Check It Out
from Razer »
Just like the Mach series, this Razer Blade keeps one-upping itself. The company's new 14" gaming laptop improves upon the last generation most notably in the arenas of color, clarity, and control. Razer touts its latest gamer's playground as the world's thinnest laptop with the highest resolution 14" notebook display on the planet. Here's why:
- The Razer Blade measures 0.7" thick and weighs only 4-1/2 pounds.
- The laptop's QHD+ display hurls forth 5.76 million pixels. That's 4,320,000 more than its predecessor, elevating pixel density from 131 pixels per inch to 262 PPI. The result: dramatically increased clarity, realistic sharpness, and an intense color spectrum. (See the side-by-side photo comparison of Old Razer Blade v. New Razer Blade in the gallery above). In addition to video game image output, the laptop enhances viewings of photos/videos, plus document text.
- Razer Blade screen resolution rings in at 3200 x 1800.
- An IGZO (Indium Gallium Zinc Oxide) display panel heightens color and image quality to the state of Unmatched. According to Razer. A 400-nit high brightness from its LED backlight also optimizes the laptop for outdoor use. And since IGZO has a faster propagation time than traditional a-Si TFT displays, it improves video response, which trickles down to smooth motion video and more immersive gameplay.
- In-plane switching panel technology (IPS) has been incorporated to deliver consistent, accurate color from wider viewing angles. By example, looking at non-IPS notebook with your eyes positioned below the center of the display noticeably darkens or changes its screen's colors. IPS prevents this effect, maintaining colors that are more saturated, accurate, and consistent across the whole screen. It improves the screen's contrast ratio from 400:1 to 1000:1.
- The New Razer Blade's interface uses a 10-point capacitive multi-touch screen to merge seamlessly with the new touch interface in Windows 8.
Additional specs include: a Mobile Intel PCHM 8 series chipset; 8GB of onboard memory; NVIDIA GeForce GTX 870M graphics and video; a built-in HD Webcam; built-in stereo speakers; and a backlit anti-ghosting keyboard. The Razer Blade laptop price range reflects 128GB, 256GB, and 512GB SSD drive options.
More Products You Might Like