Jetson ONE Personal Electric Aerial Vehicle
- Ruko F11Gim2 Drone with 4K Camera - $459.99
- CHUBORY Drone for Beginners - $89.99
- DJI Air 2S - Drone Quadcopter UAV - $999.00
- DJI Mavic Air 2 - Drone Quadcopter UAV - $799.00
- Drone X Pro LIMITLESS 3 GPS 4K UHD Camera Drone for Adults - $499.99
Jetson calls their Jetson ONE "a commercially available personal electric aerial vehicle that you can own and fly." For our purposes, we'll call it a human-totin' drone.
The Jetson ONE began as Jetson's mission to make spontaneous flight more accessible to individuals. They completed a prototype of their single-rider high-flyer in 2018, and have now sold out of their first batch of completed consumer-friendly models, with 12 Jetson ONEs headed to buyers around the world sometime in 2022. (You can even see where in the world each of the buyers are located at the end of the Jetson ONE webpage.)
The Jetson ONE aesthetic takes inspiration from race cars, and its aluminum and carbon fiber build from space frame safety cell design. Some highlights of the one-manned aerial vehicle:
- The Jetson ONE has 8 electric motors, and can remain safely in flight if one goes out.
- It's designed to take off and land anywhere, be it your backyard or a private airport.
- It has hands-free hover and emergency functions.
- It comes equipped with a ballistic parachute with rapid deployment time.
- The Jetson ONE weighs just 190 pounds. Anyone who can bench press the 'copter in front of Jetson's founders, Peter Ternstrom and Tomasz Patan, will receive a 20% discount on the purchase price. ... Just kidding.
- It can carry a pilot weighing up to 210 pounds.
- Max flight time is around 20 minutes.
- Top speed is 63MPH.
- Jetson ONE orders arrive half-assembled, with remaining parts and components left to you to put together at home. WCGW?
At printing, Jetson had 3 Jetson ONE human-totin' drones still available for purchase and delivery in 2023.
Muchas danke to Cool Things.