The Legion of Regrettable Supervillains
- Super Weird Heroes: Outrageous But Real! - $27.19
- Toybox Time Machine: A Catalog of the Coolest Toys Never Made - $20.39
- The Spectacular Sisterhood of Superwomen: Awesome Female Characters from Comic Book History - $16.48
- The Secret History of Wonder Woman - $11.15
- Hero-A-Go-Go: Campy Comic Books, Crimefighters, & Culture of the Swinging Sixties - $32.66
In The Legion of Regrettable Supervillains Jon Morris scours the brilliant colors and artwork of comic books past and present to compile a compendium of evil villains. But not all, and not just any evil villains. The Legion of Regrettable Supervillains lays out for us the most cringeworthy, [facepalm], and D'oh! evil villains ever conceived as threats to the superverse.
I'm talking the chicken-headed Powerhouse and poison brick-throwing Brickbat. The sentient Egg Fu and Taro the gorilla witch. I'm talking The Reefer King. A weed grower and distributor who, along with his partner, Murray Kreeper, convinced local stores to sell joints to customers for a dime a piece. Thankfully, both were defeated (and probably sent back to their mom's basement) by Yankee Boy.
Morris previously released The League of Regrettable Superheroes, giving the same, Who the Hellboy came up with this? treatment to the flip side of the good v. evil coin. The Legion of Regrettable Supervillains takes a similar jaunt through the golden age of comics, and continues right up to the modern graphic novel. It spares no regrettable villain the spotlight, with vintage art, a full character background, and amusing commentary accompanying each entry.
If you're looking for a superhero gift for your favorite comic book fan, look no further than The Legion of Regrettable Supervillains.