Guide to Mental Illnesses You Can Just Feel Coming On
- 1,001 Facts that Will Scare the S#*t Out of You - $11.16
- Forbidden Knowledge: 101 Things NOT Everyone Should Know How to Do - $10.17
- How to Traumatize Your Children: 7 Proven Methods to Help You Screw Up Your Kids - $11.95
- Buzzed: The Straight Facts About the Most Used and Abused Drugs - $12.89
- Hypochondriac's Handbook: Syndromes, Diseases & Ailments that Probably Should Have Killed You by Now - $11.47
As one reader review points out, if you are actually suffering from a psychological disorder, The Paranoid's Pocket Guide to Mental Illnesses You Can Just Feel Coming On will not cure you. It probably won't make you feel any better about yourself at all. It may even leave you feeling worse. It's essentially the book version of most medications, all shrinks, and your mom. But funnier.
A follow-up to author Dennis DiClaudio's The Hypochondriac's Pocket Guide to Horrible Diseases You Probably Already Have, and precursor to his The Deviant's Pocket Guide to the Outlandish Sexual Desires Barely Contained in Your Subconscious, The Paranoid's Pocket Guide to Mental Illnesses You Can Just Feel Coming On examines symptoms, diagnoses, prognoses, preventions, and treatments for 50 neck-up maladies--one (or several) of which every reader will surely dig up from the infinite abyss of his or her psyche. Disorder categories range from anxiety to dissociative, impulse-control to sexual, and personality to somatoform. The back of the guide also contains a quick-reference set of appendices delineating illnesses as phobias or manias. Specific entries include:
- Stendhal Syndrome: The fear of artwork.
- Athazagagoraphobia: The debilitating feeling that you've forgotten something important.
- Windigo Psychosis: The belief that you are a wild and ravenous monster.
- Gloreste Fan's Disorder: The fear that the rhythm is gonna get you.